I created this recipe on a hot spring day when I needed to prepare food for 50 students in an after school program. This recipe is fast, fresh, and delicious. The students enjoyed it and I know you will too.
Serving size: 6
Active time: 10 minutes
Inactive time: 20 minutes
6 Mission whole wheat burrito size tortillas
1.56 pound size Tyson crispy chicken strips
3 Roma tomatoes
1 head of Romaine lettuce
Frank’s Red Hot original cayenne pepper sauce
Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce
1. Preheat the oven for 400 degrees.
2. Place the chicken strips on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. When the oven reaches 400 degrees bake the chicken for 20 minutes.
4. While the chicken is baking prepare your vegetables. The tomatoes can be sliced or diced to whatever size you would like. The lettuce can be shredded or used as whole leaves.
5. When the chicken is cooled slice it.
6. Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and place into the microwave for 1 minute.
7. Place one hot tortilla on a flat surface. Add 3/4 C of shredded lettuce, 4-5 pieces of chicken, and 3-4 slices of tomato onto the far left side of the tortilla being sure you leave a border around the edges.
8. Fold the top and bottom edges one inch over the ingredients, then fold the left edge 1 inch over the ingredients and the other folded edges of the tortilla. (This ensures that the ingredients and sauces don’t fall out). Rotate the tortilla so that you can firmly roll the wrap away from yourself.
9. Use a serrated knife to cut the wrap down the middle either straight across or diagonally.
10. Pour the sweet chili sauce and the Frank’s Red Hot sauce into small bowls for dipping and enjoy.
- Variations: You can add bacon, cheese, hummus, guacamole, and pretty much anything else.
- The lettuce, tomatoes, and chicken can be seasoned with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, and cayenne pepper.
- One or both sauces can be added to the inside of the wrap in lieu of having a dipping sauce.