Cocktail time. That sentence is sure to bring a smile to most faces. We can all appreciate a good cocktail especially these days. Not being able to go out and grab my favorite cocktail gave me the motivation to make it myself at home. Usually bars add a sweetner to this cocktail and use other brands of gin that aren’t as delicious on their own so I made some adjustments and made my new favorite cocktail. The beauty of this drink is Empress Gin with has a deep purple hue. This gin is just superior to the other Gins out there. Take my word on this I’ve personally done the research (taste tasting). This is a refreshing drink that has no added sugar and wouldn’t be considered a sweet drink. Anywho, check out this recipe and tell me what you think.
Serving size: 1 cocktail
Active time: 5 minutes
Inactive time: 0 minutes
2 oz Empress Gin
2 oz St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur
4 slices of cucumber
1/2 lime, juices
1. In a glass muddle 3 cucumber slices.
2. Add the lime juice to the muddle cucumber.
3. Add in the 2 oz of St. Germaine and Empress Gin.
4. Either add ice to a shaker and shake the ingredients together or add ice directly to the glass.
5. Top with sparkling water, give a stire, and enjoy!
Notes and Variations:
- My sister hates gin (I know, I don’t understand it either) so I made this drink for her with rum and she loved it so rum or vodka cause be substituted for the gin.
- Use fresh lime juice. When baking or making cocktails fresh juice is always superior to bottled.
- As with all of my cocktails they get the job done so drink responsibly.
- If you don’t have a muddler you can use a potato masher or a the back of a spoon.
- Damn Good Salsa pictured