I have done a roasted tomato salsa for the blog before but this one is different. This is a delicious salsa that can be made quickly, so quickly in fact I have made it 3 times in the last two weeks. This salsa is just a good all purpose salsa to eat with chips, tacos, added to eggs, to be eaten with quesadillas, or added to a sandwich which was a new one for me to see. However you want to eat it I guarantee this salsa won’t be around the refrigerator for long. It is spicy but I always say to adjust to your taste. Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think?
Serving size: 3 1/2 C.
Active time: 20 minutes
Inactive time: 0-30 minutes
4 large vine tomatoes, cubed
1 red onion, largely diced
1 bunch (2 C.) cilantro, roughly chopped
2 Serrano peppers, diced
2 limes, juiced
2 t. salt
4 roasted garlic cloves
1. Add the cubed tomatoes, diced onion, chopped cilantro, diced serranos, lime juice, roasted garlic, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Using a large spoon stir everything together until mixed and coated. (Note: how to cut an onion)
2. Add this mixture to a food processor and pulse for approximately 20 times. This will get the salsa to the right consistency.
3. The salsa can be eaten immediately or chilled for 30 minutes. Enjoy it with whatever you choose.
Notes and Variations:
- The salsa will stay fresh in the refrigerator for a week.
- Jalapenos can be substituted for the serrano.
- Fresh garlic can be added in place of the roasted and the amount of garlic can be increased or eliminated.
- A blender, immersion blender, or potato masher can be used in the place of a food processor. If none of these items are available diced all of the ingredients, mix them together, and enjoy.